- Support transfer activities of existing designs from one manufacturing location to another.
- Support transfers of new designs from R&D to production.
- Work closely with the manufacturing team to incorporate DFM principles (design for manufacturability) into existing and new designs.
- Engage with the sourcing team and suppliers to resolve pricing, delivery, and technical issues.
- Work with the RMA group in the evaluation of field failures, support root cause analysis activities and implement corrective actions through design changes when required.
- Evaluate requested product design changes from either internal or external customers and develop technical proposals for new designs.
- Execute design changes while following XP Product Development Process from Design Requirements thru Design Verification/Validation, Customer Acceptance and Release to Production.
- Design and build product test fixtures for manufacturing use.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of related work experience, preferably in developing mechanical packaging solutions for electronic equipment. This could include conceptual design, solid modelling, 3D assembly creation, cable harness design, sheet metal design, and machined part design. Working familiarity with thermal management principles, stress analysis concepts
- Demonstrated proficiency with SolidWorks, Pro-E/Creo, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, detail oriented and deadline-driven environment.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reach out to you.